What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites you visit. The text files can be read by these websites and used to recognize you when you return to one of the websites. There are so-called ‘persistent cookies’ and ‘session cookies’. Persistent cookies remain on your computer when you go offline, while session cookies are deleted when you close your browser.
For more information about cookies, for example how to see which cookies have been set and how to block and delete cookies, please visit https://www.aboutcookies.org.
We use our own cookies to recognize you when you visit our website or use our apps. This means that you do not have to log in every time you visit our website. We can remember your preferences and settings.
The cookies with one or two letter names (such as “a”, “c” or “qc”) are Turbinezon cookies.
Google Analytics and Google Website Optimizer
You can read how to opt out of this analysis by Google in the Unsubscribe section below.
Google AdWords and Google Remarketing
We use the Google AdWords online advertising program and Google Remarketing technology, both operated by Google Inc. (“Google”). To measure conversion with Google AdWords, so-called “conversion tracking cookies” are placed on the user’s device when he clicks on a Turbinezon ad provided by Google (“Ads”). The conversion tracking cookies expire after 30 days and are not used to personally identify you. Google uses a different cookie for each Google AdWords customer. The cookie data is not merged with other data. If you click on one of our Ads and go to a page with a conversion tag and the cookie has not yet expired, the conversion will be recorded. The conversion tracking cookie allows us to see the total number of conversions and thus assess the performance of our Ads. Find out more about Google AdWords here.
When you click on one of our Ads, a Google Remarketing cookie is placed. With this cookie we may serve you our Ads at a later date when you visit pages of the Google Content Network. Remarketing cookies expire after 30 days and are not used to personally identify you. For more information about Google Remarketing, click here. Google cookies start with ‘__ut’.
You can read how to opt out of the personalized ads shown by Google in the ‘Unsubscribe’ section below.
DoubleClick, Adswizz and Global
Please note that even if you opt out of interest-based advertising, you may still see ads based on factors such as your general location derived from your current IP address, the type of browser you use, and recent, previous searches related to your current search.
Quantcast cookies start with “__qca”.
ScorecardResearch is a service provided by comScore, Inc (“comScore”). comScore uses a combination of cookies and web beacons to count the number of visitors that visit our website, our mobile site and the Turbinezon players on third-party sites. The information the cookie generates about your use of the website (including your IP address) is sent to and stored by comScore on servers in the United States. Note that comScore only stores your obfuscated IP address. This is sufficient for comScore to determine (approximately) from which country you are visiting our websites or accessing our players, but it is not sufficient to identify you, your computer or your mobile device individually.
Scorecard Research cookies start with UID and UIDR.
In addition to cookies, we also use the following standard internet technologies in connection with your use of the Application:
- Clear GIFs: We use ‘clear GIFs’, also known as ‘web bugs’. These are small image files that we embed in our email newsletters. With these clear GIFs we can see if you opened the newsletter, clicked on one of the parts, or forwarded the newsletter to someone else. This provides us with useful information about the effectiveness of our email newsletters, which we can use to ensure that we provide information that is relevant to our users.
- Flash cookies: We use Flash cookies to synchronize information between multiple Turbinezon® This causes one player to stop as soon as the other player starts. we use We do not use the Flash cookies to collect personal data, nor do we use them to reappear cookies that you may have previously deleted.
- Local storage with HTML5: We use local storage with HTML5 to store your default listening volume (ie the volume at which you prefer to listen to music on Turbinezon®) and, in the case of pro users, to change the color of the widget button. When you visit the mobile version of our website, we use local storage with HTML5 to store certain cookie information, including your user plan, authentication information, your username and your display preferences. We also use local storage with HTML5 to store the track IDs of the last 250 songs you listened to. This information allows us to alert you to content that you may enjoy if you visit the application without being logged in, or if you sign up for a Turbinezon account. Depending on the browser type, you can delete locally stored data if you clear your browser’s cache and cookies. We do not use HTML5 local storage to collect personal data.
- App Performance Tracking: Our mobile apps use “Adjust”, an app performance and analytics technology provided by Adjust GmbH (“Adjust”). When you start the Turbinezon App, Adjust collects installation and event data, such as number of songs played and listening time, from our iOS and Android mobile apps to help us understand how our users interact with our apps and to optimize mobile advertising campaigns and to analyze. Adjust uses your anonymized (hashed) IDFA or Android ID and your anonymized (hashed) IP and MAC addresses for these analyses. The hashes used are one-way hashes and it is not possible to personally identify you or your mobile device. You can read how to unsubscribe from Adjust in the Unsubscribe section below.
- Personalized advertising on mobile devices: If cookie technology is not available, other unique identifiers may be used instead (e.g. in mobile applications) with similar functionality, such as IDFA, Android ID or Google Advertiser ID. Learn how to unsubscribe from identifiers on your mobile device in the Unsubscribe section below.
We believe it is important that you have control over the personal data collected in relation to your use of Turbinezon®. That is why we have ensured that you can opt out of the collection of personal data via cookies or other technologies. How you can do this is described below. (Please note that you cannot opt out of the use of Flash cookies or local storage with HTML5 as they are necessary for the technical operation of the application. However, we do not use these technologies to collect personal data.)
- To opt out of being analyzed by Google Analytics on our website and other websites, please visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- If you would like to opt out of personalized ads delivered by the Google Content Network, please visit Google’s Ads Preferences Manager, or if you wish to opt out permanently, even when all cookies are deleted from your browser, you can install their plugin here.
- If you would like to opt out of personalized ads delivered through AdsWizz, you can do so here. If you’d like to opt out of personalized ads delivered through Global, learn more here.
- To opt out of being analyzed by Quantcast on our website and other websites, please visit https://www.quantcast.com/opt-out..
- You can also disable Analytics for mobile apps from the settings screen on your mobile device. This also applies to ‘tracking’ by Adjust.
- To opt out of being tracked by Scorecard Research on our website and other websites, please visit https://scorecardresearch.com/optouttag.aspx.
- If you would like to opt out of ads on mobile devices based on your interests, please follow the instructions below for your mobile device: If you have an Android device, open the Google Settings app on your device and select “ads” to configure the settings. to manage. If you have an iOS device with iOS 6 or later, use Apple’s ad recognizer. For more information on limiting ad tracking using this identifier, please refer to the menu settings on your device.
- If you don’t want your location to be tracked while using our apps (“location tracking”), you can set it up on your device.
Our email newsletters feature Clear GIFs. You can unsubscribe from our newsletters at any time by clicking the link in the newsletter, or by changing your email preferences within your Turbinezon® account settings.
Web Activity Tracking and Bug Reporting
You can use your iOS device or Android app settings to opt out of analyzing your web activity and reporting bugs. If you unsubscribe via our iOS app, go to your iOS device settings and open the Turbinezon® tab. If you have an Android device, you need to open the Turbinezon® app and open the basic settings tab within it. There you can simply disable analytics and/or bug reporting, so that no more analytics data or bug reports are sent from the app.
Consent to cookies and similar technologies
Last change: January 10, 2022